Some of my rides were inspired by people who shared their travel on blogs or forums.
A riding blog whilst out of vogue is a lasting record people can continue to find and enjoy for years (unlike Facebook which Google does not index). Here are a few I found interesting. A couple are now dormant but still offering more informative than most of the stuff posted on Youtube.
Many motorcycle forums were sadly abandoned when Facebook Groups arrived however the ones that remain are superb libraries of information compared to groups where info soon is lost.
ADV Rider – this forum is so big many of the best ride reports are buried under the more contrived. Here are a couple I found interesting and inspiring.
- Ride for Smiles – From a horrific car accident where the author was left with serious injuries and brain damage he sets off in his second life to see how far he can ride a motorcycle.
- Around the world in 800 days – Part one of perhaps the biggest ride report on the ADV forum.
- Angola, its not like they said – the best ride report I have ever read. If you only read one, choose this.
- Pakistan on a GS 150 – incredible scenery and a great ride report
- Solo trip to Mongolia on a 125 – amazing adventure on the Mongol Rally
Ride Asia – a small friendly motorcycle forum that has inspired some of my riding in SE Asia.
Golden Triangle Rider some information for riding SE Asia.
I don’t like typical YouTuber amateur travel or review videos which are rubbish but I watch MC Commute since Adam took over the role as he usually presents something insightful.
Most channels are about affiliate sales or are click bait. FortNine is a shop – don’t forget that – but there is also some genuine informative content.
Motorcycle Diaries – a fantastic resource for best roads in Europe
Motorrad Strassen – focus on German best motorcycle routes