Some of my rides were inspired by people who posted their travel on blogs and I share a few here I found interesting. Blogs with pay walls or (most) abandoned blogs have been removed thus the collection dwindles.
Moto touring guides
Motorcycle Diaries – a fantastic resource for best roads in Europe
Ride the Highlands – A good site about riding Ontario
Motorrad Strassen – focus on German best motorcycle routes
Many motorcycle forums were sadly abandoned when Facebook Groups arrived however the ones that remain are superb libraries of information compared to groups where info soon is lost.
ADV Rider – this forum is so big many of the best ride reports are buried under the more contrived. Here are a couple I found interesting and inspiring.
- Ride for Smiles – From a horrific car accident the author sets off in his second life to see how far he can ride a bike that turns into a 5 year journey.
- Around the world in 800 days – Another 5 year RTW ride that ran same time as above but is different in every way.
- Angola, its not like they said – the best ride report I have ever read. If you only read one, choose this.
- Pakistan on a GS 150 – incredible scenery and a great ride report
- Solo trip to Mongolia on a 125 – amazing adventure on the Mongol Rally
Ride Asia – a motorcycle forum that has inspired some of my riding in SE Asia, friendly with no lame pay walls like GT Rider.
People, rather oddly, assume YouTubers have knowledge and experience to review items when mostly they are amateurs with no qualifications. If shopping for gear or a bike then do try to look beyond the bike reviews made from a dealer test ride or gear reviews that are simply affiliate promotions.
MC Commute has been good since Adam took over the role. He has experience testing so many bikes as well the professionalism to give the viewer genuine insights and keeps personal bias from colouring reviews.
FortNine is a Canadian shop like Revzilla, don’t forget that, but there is also some excellent content, just be aware you are being marketed to even if you don’t realise it.