Some of my rides were inspired by people who posted their travel on blogs and I share a few here.
Moto Bloggers and other sites I find interesting
I’ve noticed some of these rider blogs are difficult to access, try clearing your cache. Some are abandoned too as people choose to post to social media which is a shame as Facebook is not indexed by Google so everything shared there is lost within a few days.
I’ve not linked any of the Australian motorcycle review/writer sites – these guys only write fake reviews unable to say anything that upsets manufacturers.
Moto touring guides
Motorcycle Diaries – a fantastic resource for best roads in Europe
Ride the Highlands – A good site about riding Ontario
Motorrad Strassen – Germany best motorcycle roads and German official motorcycle route, a lot here if you delve in.
Moto Route – Excellent guide to the best motorcycle rides in Romania
Most motorcycle forums were sadly abandoned when Facebook Groups arrived however the ones that remain are superb libraries of information compared to groups where information is not indexed and soon lost.
ADV Rider – this forum is so big many of the best ride reports are buried under the more contrived. Here are a couple I found interesting and inspiring.
- Ride for Smiles – From a horrific car accident the author sets off in his second life to see how far he can ride a bike that turns into a 5 year journey.
- Around the world in 800 days – Another 5 year RTW ride that ran same time as above but is different in every way.
- Angola, its not like they said – the best ride report I have ever read. If you only read one, choose this.
- Pakistan on a GS 150 – incredible scenery and a great ride report
- Solo trip to Mongolia on a 125 – amazing adventure on the Mongol Rally
Ride Asia – a motorcycle forum that has inspired some of my riding in SE Asia, friendly with no attitude or pay wall unlike GT Rider forum.
I’ve come to hate motorcycle Youtubers who spam their boring videos on every Facebook group however here are two professional channels with partially unbiased content.
MC Commute had been reasonably good since Adam took over the role but seems like it has died recently.
High production values with excellent content, especially when Ryan explores older model motorcycles.
Would love to hear suggestions of other quality channels – but not the amateur vloggers that are boring.